Sunday, March 4, 2012

Quotes of the North American Indians Leaders

These comments are owned sedentary Bull, White Cloud, Sitlu and other notable leaders of the North American Indians of the XIX century:


"First, look for traces of their moccasins before you judge the faults of others."
"Before you love, learn to walk on snow without leaving a trace."
"There is no death. There is only a transition between the worlds."
"Those who lie down with dogs - get up with fleas."
"How clever to be the language of white, if they can make the right looks like an invalid, and looking the wrong as right."

"Strive for wisdom, not knowledge. Knowledge - is the past. Wisdom - is the future."
"We do not want churches because they teach us to argue about God."
"A" take "better than two" I'll give '. "
"You do not need many words to tell the truth."
"A good man sees good signs."
"He who is silent, he knows twice as much than a chatterbox."
"My son will never farmers. Anyone who works on the ground, sees no dreams, and wisdom comes to us in dreams."
"What is life? This light firefly in the night. This breath of a buffalo, when winter comes. This is a shadow on the grass beds, and melting at sunset."
"When the last tree is cut down, when the last river poisoned, when the last bird to be caught - only then you realize that money is not there."
"The Great Spirit is imperfect. He has a light side and dark. Sometimes the dark side gives us more knowledge than light."
"The knowledge hidden in every thing. Once the world was a library."
"In order to hear yourself, you need the silent days."
"In order to understand himself, talked to a stone in the mountains ...".
"If you noticed that you ride a dead horse - slazit".
"When the Great Spirit gives a new day, he sends him - everything."
"Look at me. I am poor and naked. But I'm the leader of his people. We do not need wealth. We just want to teach our children to be right. We want peace and love."
"When you attach a horse to a stake, do you expect that she work up power?".
"Do not bother people about their religion."
"Even your silence can be a part of prayer."
"Why did you take by force what can not take the love?".
"There are many ways to smell a skunk."
"Tell me - and I'll forget, show me - and I can not remember, I was attracted to participate - and I'll understand."
"We have to" - only to die. "
"The old time was wonderful. Old men sat in the sun on the threshold of his house and played with children as long as the sun plunged into slumber. Old men playing with their children every day. And at some point they just did not wake up."
"When the legend is dying and the lost dream in the world is greatness."
"Do not walk behind me - perhaps I'll take you. Do not walk ahead of me - perhaps I do not follow you. Go near, and we will be in one piece."
"It is true - this is what people believe."
"Even a small mouse has a right to anger."
"I suffer when I think how much has been said good words, and how many promises were broken. In this world, too many say those who do not have the right to speak."
"He who tells the stories rules the world."
"Water has no hair."
"The frog does not drink the pond in which he lives."
"The wind that gave our grandfathers, their first breath, and get their last breath, the wind must also give our children the spirit of life."
"Oh Great Spirit, whose voice I hear in the winds,"
"I come to you as one of many of your children."
"I need your strength and wisdom."
"Make me strong not to rise above my brother, but to conquer my greatest enemy - myself."
"I was on the edge of the earth. I was on the edge of the water. I was on the edge of the sky. I was on the edge of the mountains."
"I have not found anyone who would not be my friend."
"If you have something to say, Arise, that you saw."
"The Raven cries not because they portend trouble, but because the enemies in the bushes."
"Remember, man, too animal, only smarter."
"Do not judge a man until you were two moons in his moccasins."
"Man himself must make their own arrows."
"The white man too many chiefs."
"Everything in the world - has its own song."
"Above me - beauty below me - the beauty. And when I leave the body - I'll go path of beauty."
"The child - a guest in your house - feed, learn and let go."
"Ask from your heart, and hear the answer from the heart."
"Speak to the children when they eat, and what you say will stay even when you're gone."
"When you see that a rattlesnake preparing to strike - hit first."
"You can not wake a person who pretends to be asleep."
"The white man is greedy. In his pocket he wears a linen cloth, which vysmarkivaet his nose - as if afraid that the blown out and may miss something very valuable."
"We are poor because we are honest."
"When a person prays one day, and then sin six, the Great Spirit is angry, and the evil spirit of laughs."
"Well spoken word more aptly thrown ax."
"Even dead fish can go with the flow."
"The soul would not be a rainbow if the eyes had no tears."
"Life flows from the inside out. Following this idea, you yourself will become true."


Read also - Service for disaster victims.

No comments:

Post a Comment